Thursday, January 08, 2009

Another New Year


Well, I haven't gotten as much done on my samplers as I wanted, but I am moved into my new house! I have a lovely little downstairs with room for 2 guest chairs, a tiny kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. It's just right for me and I am surrounded by my bookcases full of craft books with projects just calling to me. I also have a lovely craft room upstairs and, while it is now quite jumbled, it will be wonderful when I have everything sorted out.

Downsizing is difficult, but I'm finding that it is satisfying. I'm working on old projects that I lost interest in and I'm seeing just how much stuff I really have. I challenged myself to not buy any new fabric, yarn or cross-stitch this past year except sock yarn and I actually have pretty much stuck to it. I allowed myself a "get out of jail free" card for one big blowout, but I didn't take it. I bought some fabric when I won a contest at a quilt shop...just to buy enough to not have to pay postage, but that wasn't too bad.

I am almost finished with the Meinen Sampler and should have it done by the end of the month. I am also just about finished with the Christmas Sampler, so I should have it done by the end of the month too! Yeah! Now I am savoring the prospect of starting something new. I still have my Dutch sampler and that now goes to the top of the list and I enjoy the Many Mansions that I have on an oatmeal Aida. I try to keep at least one Aida project on hand for low light situations. I have the border done on that. I'll also be working on Celle, but it's a little too much to think that I will get that finished by the end of the year too...still it would be nice.

I have Celle on tap again for this year's sampler stitching. I am at a hard place right now and will need some uninterrupted time to work on it. It would be wonderful if I could get this one done this year also. I will have time when I house sit for my sister, so maybe I can get that motif done.

No comments: